Dr Khaled Mahmoud is a Nephrology consultant in the nephrology unit in Hamad General Hospital and he is also an assistant professor of clinical medicine in Weill Cornell Medical College, Qatar. He has more than 20 years’ experience in Nephrology, Dialysis & transplantation with twenty nine international peer reviewed articles and three chapters in three international books. He is an editorial board member and reviewer for many international journals. In addition he is proposal reviewer for King Abdul-Aziz City for Science in Saudi Arabia and Hamad Medical Corporation Research Center in Qatar.
I have interest in renal transplantation espicially Desensitization of highly immninzed candidates also interested in AKI and Peritoneal dialysis.
Chadi Saifan, Eli Lilly and Company, USA
Kresimir Galesic, Nephrology Zagreb Medical School, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Wang Angela Yee-Moon, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Cardiovascular disease and risk in chronic kidney disease and peritoneal dialysis
2. Cardiac biomarkers research in chronic kidney disease
3. Vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease
4. Residual kidney function in peritoneal dialysis
5. Nutrition in chronic kidney disease
6. Mineral metabolism in chronic kidney disease and dialysis
7. Clinical trials in chronic kidney disease and dialysis in the areas of cardiovascular disease, diabetes,
hypertension, nutrition, vascular calcification and mineral metabolism.
Desmond Yat-Hin YAP, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Dr. Desmond Yat-Hin YAP joined the University Department of Medicine in 2004 and was appointed as Clinical Assistant Professor in Medicine since 2012. His research interests include the immunopathogenesis and the use of immunosuppressive treatments in glomerular diseases, with special focus on lupus nephritis which is an important cause of renal failure in Asia. Dr. Yap's other research interests pertains to hepatitis B viral infection in patients with kidney diseases, which is a prevalent and important issue among renal transplant recipients in Asia. He received the Young Investigator Award by the Hong Kong Society of Nephrology in 2009 for his investigation on serum immunoglobulin binding activity to human mesangial cells in lupus nephritis. He was awarded the Li Shu Pui Clinical Fellowship (2014-2015) and worked as a visiting clinician-scientist at the Fiebiger-Nikolaus Centre, Friedrich-Alexander University, Germany.
1. Immunopathogenesis and use of immunosuppressive treatments in lupus nephritis
2. Pathogenesis, monitoring and prevention of flares in lupus nephritis
3. Viral hepatitis infection in renal failure patients
4. Infective complications in peritoneal dialysis.
Cianci Rosario, La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Leonid Feldman, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Israel
Michal Herman-Edelstein, Rabin Medical Center, Israel
Naro Ohashi, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
General Renal physiology and renal molecular biology.
Roberto J. Barone, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Shang-Feng Tsai, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Dr. Shang Feng Tsai obtained his degree of medicine from the National Yang-Ming University. He completed residency training in internal medicine and did his nephrology fellowship at the Taichung Veteran General Hospital. Dr. Tsai joins the faculty in internal medicine and nephrology at the Taichung Veteran General Hospital since and have clinical practice in outpatient and inpatient in both nephrology and internal medicine. He is a member of the Taiwan Society of Nephrology as well as the Taiwan Society of Internal Medicine. He is currently a Ph.D candidate in Tunghai University in Taichung. He has over 20 publications as first or corresponding author in literature with impact factors and his research has focused on diabetic nephropathy.
Research Interest: nephrology and renal transplantation; CKD; AKI; especially in diabetic nephropathy.
Arzu Didem Yalcin, Genomics Research Center, Taiwan
Arzu Didem Yalcin is an Assistant Professor of Allergy/Immunology at Near East University and Antalya Training and Research Hospital.She completed her Medical Doctorate from Gazi University School of Medicine. She received Allergy/Immunology Fellowship Certificate from University of Akdeniz, Department of Allergy/Immunology. She published more than 90 peer review publications in different scientific journals. She acted as sub-investigator for many clinical research studies. She interest on Antibody engineering technology and strategies in developing new antibody therapeutics. SIROCCO,(BENRALIZUMAB,ANTI-IL5) ,Sweeden. Aninternational non-interventional registry on the quality of life of patients with pollen-induced Allergic rhinitis Treated with ORALAIR France.Xolair, anti-CemX antibody targeting mIgE-expressing B cells and anti-migis antibodies that spesifically target mIgA-expressing Bcells or mIgD-expressing B. Pharmacological effects of omalizumab in cardiovascular system. She received certificates from American Board of Internal Medicine and American Board of Allergy and Immunology and She is the member in many international Organizations including Taiwan Antibody associatin (TAA), World Allergy Organization (WAO), AAAAI Asthma Diagnosis, Assessment and Treatment Committee Member, ACAAI, ERS, EAACI, European Association for Cancer Research (EACR), Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC),German society for Immunology (DGFI),Bristh society for Immunology.
After obtaining his medical degree from Cairo University in 1999, Dr. ElSheemy earned a Master of Science then Doctor of Medicine in Urology in 2008. He is currently an Associate Professor of Urology at Cairo University, Egypt. His research includes endourology, SWL, pediatric urology, renal transplantation, female urology, pelvic floor dysfunctions and urodynamics. He has published several scientific papers and book chapters and serve as an editor and international reviewer in several scientific journals. He was selected as one of the top 10% of reviewers in the field of medicine for 2016 in the peer review week (2016) through (Sentinels of Science awards) that is provided by (Publon). Addditionally, His researches were selected as the best poster/abstract in many international conferences including ESPU and EAU. In addition to research activities, he has a long experience in undergraduate and resident training and teaching.
Dean Markić, University of Rijeka, Croatia (Hrvatska)
1. I was born 1972 in Rijeka, Croatia. In 1997 I finished Faculty of Medicine, Rijeka, Croatia. Since 1999 I working at the University Hospital Rijeka. The urologist become 2007 and 2008 become Fellow of European Board of Urology (first in Croatia). During 2012 I received scholarship from European Association of Urology and spend three months in the University Hospital Salzburg, Austria. This education was mainly about laparoscopy in urology. At the moment I working as a senior urologist at the Department of Urology, University Hospital of Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia. The my main interest is a kidney transplantation, laparoscopy, and renal cell cancer. Also I am a subspecialist of kidney transplantation and Vice-Chair of Refferal Center for kidney transplantation in Croatia. Also I am one of the coauthor of National Guidelines for Kidney Transplantation and invited speaker in the International Croatian Transplantation School.
Research Interest(s): kidney transplantation, laparoscopy, renal cell cancer
Peter Hamar, University of Pécs (PTE), Semmelweis University (SE), Hungary