The term Open Access (OA) was introduced collectively by:
- Budapest Open Access Initiative;
- Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing; and
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities.
Their common ground is referred as the 'BBB' definition, which defines Open Access to peer-reviewed research literature as-
'Freely available literatures on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download or copy and use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself.'
Open access is a new cohort in digital publishing arena where the author's intrinsic merit of research and scholarly contributions is made available online without any specific charges.
Authors, editors and readers please note that all manuscripts published in HSPC Journals are under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY), providing immediate and permanent access for free to all types of original works. The license grants copyrights to the author concerned and make the articles available for their distribution. Everyone can use the manuscripts in productive way for the benefits of the society. However the authors are requested to maintain the citation to the original source.
Advantages of Heighten Science Publication's Open Access Paradigm
- Open Access methodology enables easy access to any published literature through electronic copies for all the scientists around the world. The full text of Open Access publications can be freely read over the public internet, as the publishing is funded through means other than subscriptions.
- Open Access for the scholarly publications has opened a new avenue in the field of learning and experience. It helps the authors of scholarly journal articles write to create an impact and attract wider audience.
- Open Access is a medium to provide an opportunity for the improvement of scientific quality assurance by not only being fully compatible with traditional peer review, but also enabling public, collaborative or community peer review.
- Open Access allows interactive discussions and reviews by being open to all interested members of the scientific community and the public. Open Access also gives reviewers unlimited access to relevant publications across different scientific disciplines thus, facilitating quality improvement of scientific publications.
Flexibility of Open Access
HSPC Open Access paradigm provides flexibility in following aspects:
- HSPC allows everyone using our scholarly journals to copy, distribute and transmit the work freely without any financial or legal barrier.
- Authors can learn from the previous researches and line-up innovative extension to the past scholarly published works.
- Authors can also use the available information for viable and marketable purposes; however it is their ethical responsibility to cite the original creator and composer of the work.
Dos' and don'ts of Heighten Science Publication Open Access
- The authorized and walk-in users can access all the contents of the website and may download/search/view/copy/save the manuscripts for their own personal use, scholarly, educational or scientific research or internal business use. The users are also authorized to transmit such material to a third-party colleague in hard copy or electronically for personal use or scholarly, educational, or scientific research or professional use.
- Other than the point discussed above, the website visitors may not copy, distribute, transmit or otherwise reproduce, sell or resell material directly or indirectly, for use in any paid service such as document delivery or list serve, or for use by any information brokerage or for systematic distribution.
- HSPC expect the website users not to remove, obscure or modify any copyright or proprietary notices, author attribution or any disclaimer as they appear on Heighten Science Publication website.
- Authorized Users may not do anything to restrict or inhibit any other authorized user's access to or use of HSPC and its electronic products and versions.
- If an Authorized User refuses or fails to abide by these Terms and Conditions or violates any other terms of this Agreement, the organization reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or terminate their access to HSPC publication.
- The website users shall not have the right to incorporate any material from the Licensed Electronic Products into any institutional or other repository under any circumstances without HSPC prior written approval.