Heighten Science trail a critical evaluation prior to selection of Editorial Board members. In order to streamline our scholarly publication and to assess the quality quotient of articles being published, we have defined certain eligibility criteria for editorial board members. We expect all the members to encourage and maintain ethical and publications standards in accordance to Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines. Our editorial board comprises following eminent members:
- Chief Editor
- Senior Editor; and
- Associate Editors
In order to ensure that the editorial board significantly contributes in fostering the quality of a manuscript prior to publication and the general content of the journal, Heighten Science Publication Corporation has formulated certain eligibility criteria for our editors.
1. Chief Editor
He/she is the person who plays a vital role in assuring the quality and integrity of the manuscript content. The chief editor is expected to possess extensive editorial and interpersonal skills.
Qualification: Must have a PhD from a renowned university.
Work Experience: The Chief Editor should be a Senior Professor. He/she should have more than 100 publications in International peer reviewed journals.
- He/she is wholly responsible for the publication decision of any manuscript. He/She should be familiar with the subject literature, research design, statistics, publication ethics and standards.
- He/she must conduct annual meetings and educate the Editorial Board members with updated information and new policies of the Journal.
- He/she is responsible for setting annual objectives and assigning responsibilities to the Board members for peer review process and keeps track of their timely completion.
- He/she should strive for the development of the Journal and suggest the publisher for further improvisations with additional policies.
- He/she should be responsible in selection and rotation of Editorial Board members, maintenance and development of Journal, participation in review process and look for appropriateness.
- He/She should cross check the content quality, writing style and construction, grammar, spellings, data presentation and organization prior to take the final decision.
- He/she should ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere. If the paper found plagiarized, then he/she must reject the manuscript straight away.
- He/she should supervise and support the publisher in handling complaints and appeals, responding genuinely to ethical problems regarding publication of any duplicate or fraudulent work.
2. Senior Editor
He/she is next to chief editor. The person has a dual role, board member in review process as well as ensuring the publication of high quality papers in the Journal.
Qualification: PhD from a renowned university.
Work experience: He/she must have published more than 50 publications in International peer reviewed journals. He/she must be associate Professor or equivalent.
- He/she should assist chief editor in different aspects related to the works of publication, conducting annual meeting, setting annual objectives and peer review process.
- He/she is responsible for the quality of Journal content and the published articles.
- He/she should encourage submission of high quality papers.
- He/she should provide fair and constructive feedback to the authors, Editors and Reviewers.
- He/she must ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere.
- He/she must handle the situations related to complaints, appeals and ethics according to the guidelines of COPE.
- He/she should work as an advisor for the publisher for the growth of the publication and development of new journals.
- He/she must be acquainted and take up the role of chief editor, in the absence of the chief editor.
3. Associate Editor
The Associate Editor requires to be well versed with policies related to the journal, online publication, authors, editors and reviewers.
Qualification: PhD or pursuing PhD from a renowned university.
Work experience: He/she must have published more than 20 publications in International peer reviewed journals. He/she must be assistant Professor or equivalent.
- He/she should direct authors, editors and reviewers with the guidelines in accordance with COPE.
- He/she should possess good interpersonal skills and encourage submission of high quality manuscripts and assist Senior Editor in monitoring the quality of the manuscript content.
- He/she must participate in annual meetings and communicate other members of the editorial board with updated information and new policies of the Journal.
- He/she should monitor the manuscripts for writing style, language, presentation according to the Journal's policy and instructions.
- He/she should ensure effective peer review process and timely publication.
- He/she should ensure the integrity of the Journal content and quality in the published articles.
- He/she should ensure that the manuscript is neither plagiarized nor published elsewhere.
General guideline for chief/senior/associate editors
Every editor is expected to review around 25 manuscripts for each year along with the other mandatory work schedule. In case of failing to do so, editors will be removed from Editorial Board according to the Editorial policy.
All the guidelines illustrated above are liable to change according to the COPE amendments.